Published by Self-Published
Published on June 2nd 2013
Genres: Dating & Sex, New Adult, Romance
Park Reed is a bastard in every sense of the word. He hasn't always been this way. But after his heart was broken by the only girl he ever loved, being heartless gets him through the day and allows him to fill his nights with the nameless girls he has no intentions of seeing again. He now lives his life following his ever-growing list of “life lessons.”
Lucy Braden is everything Park is not. She’s sweet, caring, and an all-around nice person. She tries to follow Lucy's Rules to Live By everyday.
When Park moves in with Jessie, which happens to be the floor below Lucy, Jessie's one stipulation: Lucy is off limits to Park. The problem with that is Lucy is determined to be a good friend to Park and see past the drinking and random girls to find the ma
This is the second book from the Sometimes Never series. It follows the life and struggles of Park Reed, Hope’s none-boyfriend boyfriend.
Park Reed was struggling. He was in love with Hope Love. He didn’t see Mason ever coming in between them. Although Hope saw their relationship as a none-relationship, he’s always been in love with her. Park was trying to deal with a broken heart while trying to follow his ever-growing list of life lessons.
This opening :
Have you ever looked back and tried to figure out where your life took a wrong turn? The exact moment—that precise action—that turned your whole life to shit?
Park dealt with his pain by boozing and women. He doesn’t want to allow himself to feel anything that remotely resembled what she felt for Hope. He moved into a new place to become roommates with his friend, Jessie. That’s where he met Lucy Braden.
Lucy Braden has her own list of life lessons.
7. No matter how many times you’re let down, continue believing in the goodness of others.
Lucy was the forbidden fruit. Jessie warned Park to never hook up with Lucy, but after meeting her, Park can’t make himself stay away.
Their story isn’t as heartbreaking as Hope and Mason’s, but the author has a way with words. She made me experience the characters’ feelings. She made me want to slap and hug Park at the same time, while making me feel pain when Lucy was hurt.
Read this book and fall in love.
Favorite quotes from the book :
- You and me, Lucy, we’re like a fire: Hot and unpredictable, scary and mesmerising all at once. We started with a spark and before I knew it, I was consumed. I love the way you burn me up from the inside out. – Park Reed
- We merge like two flames, fast and out of control. Because sometimes that’s just how love works. We may smolder, we may blaze, we may rage without reason. But it’s always beautiful. – Lucy Braden
Listen to Before Now Playlist.
Read from July 13 to 17, 2013
Latest posts by Dre @ Sporadic Reads (see all)
- Review 279: The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey - February 20, 2017
- Review 278: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover - January 9, 2017
- Year-End Message - December 31, 2016
- Review 276: The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater - September 9, 2016
- Manga Review #1: Strobe Edge by Io Sakisaka - July 26, 2016