The Weekly Roundup is a meme created for Sporadic Reads to talk about the week that went by in the blog, share links from around the net, which also includes my Weekend Readings, and my weekly Stacking The Shelves.
A bug has been caught. Well, I caught one. I am on a Reading Book Slump Bug. After reading book after book after book, I feel like my mind is overloaded with so many different stories, and I am feeling the burn out. No amount of reading from different genrés is pulling me off this bug. Ahhhhh!
Whilst wallowing on this bug, I’ve decided to drown myself inside the world of Japanese drama. Faye of The Social Potato Reviews sent out an invite on Twitter to watch Mischievous Kiss with her. I was reluctant at first, because I don’t usually enjoy watching anything with subtitles, but I decided to just give it a try since I am on this bug.
Let me tell you, it was so kawaii(cute)! This also made me download an app that would teach me Japanese! The first episode hooked me in, and as I type this, I am on the 12th episode! If you want to join us, please head on over to her blog, or click the banner below!
Reviews This Week
- Life in the Palace by Catherine Green
- Red at Night by Katie McGarry
- Of Breakable Things by A. Lynden Rolland
- Touched by An Alien by Gini Koch
Around The Net
- How do you feel about 5 star reviews? via Cristina’s Book Reviews
– As someone who reads for pleasure, this was a really good article to read. The comments are informative, too.
- On My Soapbox: Booknerds Etiquette via Kelly @ DivaBooknerd
– Kelly talked about interesting blogger points, and she also discussed about STEALING other people’s content/idea.
- Publisher Q&A for Bloggers & Reviewers: Insiders Guide via Jeann @ Happy Indulgence
– It was enlightening to read the publishers’ answers to bloggers’ FAQs.
- Death Dip Recipe & Zombies!!! via Caffeinated Book Reviewer
– Includes a freaking awesome recipe that I want to try soon smile
Book I Finished This Week
The Moon Dwellers by David Estes is on sale on April 21st to the 24th, and I’m sure you have a few cents to spend, so spend it for this book!
Weekend Reading #028
Sporadic Reads hosts a weekly meme called “Weekend Readings“. Join us!
Since I am on a reading slump…I am not reading anything right now. Well, I tried different titles, but it just won’t stick! But really late last night, I had a breakthrough! I found myself reading The 5th Wave from the prologue until chapter three last night, so yay! I hope this book is a great read for me. *crossing fingers*The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Series: The 5th Wave #1
Published by Putnam Juvenile
Published on May 7th 2013
Genres: Dystopian / Post-Apocalyptic, Science Fiction, Young Adult
After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.
Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.
Stacking The Shelves #024
Book Meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It may be physical or virtual copies of books.
Physical Copy :
Here’s my purchased copy of The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, with my precious dog, Booboo. My own personal book thief!
Purchased eBooks :
Latest posts by Dre @ Sporadic Reads (see all)
- Review 279: The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey - February 20, 2017
- Review 278: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover - January 9, 2017
- Year-End Message - December 31, 2016
- Review 276: The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater - September 9, 2016
- Manga Review #1: Strobe Edge by Io Sakisaka - July 26, 2016