The Weekly Roundup is a meme created for Sporadic Reads to talk about the week that went by in the blog, share links from around the net, which also includes my Weekend Readings, and my weekly Stacking The Shelves.
What’s up with Dre?
Let’s just say that I’ve had a pretty busy week at work, and to be honest, my health isn’t at its best lately. I actually have vertigo and I’ve had an episode a week lately. It usually happens once every two months, but since I haven’t been getting proper sleep, I’ve had more episodes more than usual. With that said, I haven’t been actively doing anything online, and I sleep when I can.
What is vertigo?
In medical terms, vertigo is a specific kind of dizziness – a sense that you, or your environment, is moving or spinning, even though there is no movement. (Source)
So when it happens to me, I basically have to stay still. The smallest of movement can trigger it again. It’s a whole new world of dizziness. With vertigo, I had to be careful with what I eat or drink, and I always fear that an episode will happen during traveling, or when I’m swimming out at sea, which I love so much. #
What’s up with Kelly?
This week I was an emotional mess. In the mail I received an incredibly thoughtful and heartfelt present from Kristy at Book Nerd Reviews. It’s no secret that I absolutely adore Alice in Wonderland and have several collectors editions. This week I was surprised with the absolutely stunning Barnes & Noble Leather Bound edition, as soon as it was unwrapped I clutched it so hard to my chest, that I think Alice might be imprinted on me.
In other news, I’ve started my Christmas shopping and also been getting to know my Sporadic Reads co-bloggers. These poppets are incredible and we’re not only co-bloggers, but every day we all chat about books and blogging. I never realised co-blogging would be so rewarding.
Reviews This Week
- Paper Planes by Allayne L. Webster via Kelly
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin via Kynndra
- City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare via Daniel
Stacking The Shelves #038
Book Meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It may be physical or virtual copies of books.
Giveaways Around The Net
- Death by Darlings Giveaway : Win any book from The Book Depository worth $15.
- Win a paperback copy of Landline by Rainbow Rowell from Jeann of Happy Indulgence (Australian residents only.)
- Win a signed copy of Come Back to Me by Sarah Alderson and more @ The Social Potato Reviews.
Latest posts by Dre @ Sporadic Reads (see all)
- Review 279: The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey - February 20, 2017
- Review 278: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover - January 9, 2017
- Year-End Message - December 31, 2016
- Review 276: The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater - September 9, 2016
- Manga Review #1: Strobe Edge by Io Sakisaka - July 26, 2016