When Netflix hit the Philippines, I quickly signed up for a free month. Why not Netflix and chill, yeah?
When the TV series for Shadowhunters was announced, I was quite excited for it. The movie sucked big time, and I was hoping that the TV series would somehow be better.
So I was watching the first episode, and it’s almost true to the story. However, as much as I liked the book series, I found the live action counterpart so dull.
Jace was supposed to be a sarcastic guy that somehow made me laugh with his dry humor. Either the script is so dull, or the actor is just a bad actor. Then there’s Clary. The actress feels awkward to me. I felt like watching a rehearsal scene instead of the final cut. I don’t know, but it seems like they chose the wrong cast. They all feel out of place to me. I guess 20-somethings acting like teens made the show super-serious and dull.
After seeing one and a half episodes, I gave up. I’m moving on to Jessica Jones. Now, I am seeing the movie in another light.
What are your thoughts on the TV adaptation of Shadowhunters The Mortal Instruments?
Latest posts by Dre @ Sporadic Reads (see all)
- Sporadic Talks: The Pressures of Book Blogging - January 17, 2018
- Review 279: The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey - February 20, 2017
- Review 278: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover - January 9, 2017
- Year-End Message - December 31, 2016
- Review 276: The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater - September 9, 2016