This 16-year-old Aimee @ Deadly Darlings, who can fit inside my pocket, tagged me to do this. Thanks you! And at the end of this post, you will find the next victims bigsmile
How long have you been a blogger?
I started blogging way back in the year 2000. WOW. That’s a really long time! But if I only count being a book blogger, then it’s been more than two years. Sporadic Reads started on May 2013, when suddenly I wanted to blog about books and start this new hobby.
At what point do you think you’ll stop blogging?
Until…the internet does not exist anymore? THE HORROR!
I don’t think I can tell when I will be stopping. I started a long time ago. I’ve done blogging on and off, and I don’t think it’s something that I will tire of doing. Unless, something shiny and new comes along!
What is the best thing about blogging?
- The best thing about blogging is being able to share your thoughts to the world, or anyone who has time to stop and read my babbling.
- There’s also the having friends who have the same bookish love as I do!
- Discovering new books to read and authors to love.
What is the worst thing? What do you do to make it okay?
- Having no books to read and review. Having no drive to pick up the next book. So I created a list with tips on how to beat that reading slump!
- There’s also book blogging dramas. I don’t want to expound on that.
- Sometimes, when you leave the bookish community for a bit, you find yourself left behind. Sometimes, people leave. Sometimes, people forget. But, we have to cheer up and be happy for the people who stayed!
How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use?
Google and Tumblr are my friends. I only use them to find reaction GIFS, because moving pictures are awesome!
But there is this awesome website that offers royalty-free images, click here, so when I need a random stock image, I go there and find the best one to use. You’re welcome!
Who is your book crush?
This is actually a hard question. I mean, if I think about a book crush, I should be thinking about ones that are around my age, but I read mostly YA, and what does it say about me if I crush on someone that is super, duper young?!
However, after carefully thinking, I remembered LINCOLN! Yes, the one from Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. If you haven’t read that book, I implore you! You will love Lincoln!
What do you wear when you write your blog posts?
Just kidding! Most of the time, I blog while I am at work, so I am on my work clothes. But when I am at home, I am wearing sexy house clothes tongue
How long does it take you to prepare?
It depends. There are times when I type up a review within thirty minutes of finishing a book. Then there are times when I have a hard time expressing how I felt about the book. Then there are those discussion posts that take time to finish. Plus, sometimes I add a spiffy banner, and that takes a bit of time, too.
How do you feel about the “Book Blogger Community”?
The book blogger community is very dear to my heart. It is filled with nerds like me!
I love how this community made me feel that I am not alone in my nerdiness. I found people that are not just interested in what I have to say about books, but are also there when I needed friends to talk to. You know who you guys are. heart
What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?
- First of all, be honest with your reviews. Feel the feels, and hate the hate. Sometimes we have our biases, but it is best to be honest if you really liked the book and not the author.
- If possible, offer unique content.
- Interact with the people that took their time to drop by your blog. There’s commenting back, tweeting them, liking their stuff, etc. But don’t just do it for the sake of doing it, you should like interacting with them. wink
TAG you’re IT!
- Cristina @ Not So Literary
- Kynndra @ Booknadian
- Celine @ YA Midnight Reads
- Beatrice @ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
- Aentee @ Read At Midnight