The Weekly Roundup is a meme created for Sporadic Reads to talk about the week that went by in the blog, share links from around the net, which also includes my Weekend Readings, and my weekly STS.
Hi guys! I hope you’ve had an awesome week, and I can’t believe it’s the last week of March! A quarter of the year has flown and left us. So far, I’ve read 32 books (and counting). Sometimes I don’t know how I find time to read them all, but it’s an addiction. I know you understand!
My dad turned 60-years-old on the 17th, and we had a party to celebrate his birthday. I made a tarpaulin banner for him, ordered balloons that said MADE IN 1954, and a catering service (which we’ve never ever done), and made sure all our guests had access to a karaoke machine! It was a fun day for all of us. Next month will be my mom’s 58th birthday. We don’t know what to do yet. She doesn’t want to have a party, so we might just do a spa-thing, or our usual bowling day. Any suggestions?
Pinoy Book Bloggers List
Pinoy Book Bloggers List is the name of the new project that I’m doing with Amir and Faye. It’s a website that lists Filipino book bloggers and authors from around the globe. So if you’re Pinoy, or have co-bloggers that are one, you are welcome to list your website to ours! But if your blog isn’t a book blog, and you’re still Pinoy, then we can still list you. So head on over to www.pbblist.com!
How freaking awesome when the authors appreciate your reviews? Both Katie McGarry and Veronica Rossi tweeted me thank yous for my reviews, and Cristin Terril retweeted and faved my tweet about her book. It makes book blogging so worth it!
Around The Net
- Book Covers That Hopelessly Confuse Me via Cait @ Notebook Sisters
- 25 Books That Will Blow Your Mind via Business Insider
- Cristina’s thoughts on 5 star reviews, virgins and the cringe worthy hero.
- Is Your Book Boyfriend Too Young For You? via Marianne and Jennifer @ Boricuan Worms
- The 15 Most Anticipated YA Books Publishing In April 2014 via Epic Reads
- Being The Black Sheep via Deadly Darlings
Reviews This Week
- Under The Never Sky Trilogy by Veronica Rossi
- Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
- All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
- The Emperor’s Edge (The Emperor’s Edge #1) by Lindsay Buroker
- Sunrise (Ashfall #3) by Mike Mullin
Books I Finished This Week
- Of Breakable Things by A. Lynden Rolland
It was about a girl dying, then waking up again in a different dimension, where someone told her she’s not really dead. It was a good a paranormal book to dive into.
- Wonder by RJ Palacio
I devoured this book in less than a day. It was so good and touching and wonderful. You should read it!